Runners Guidance for taking part in a socially distanced training session (update 26th March 2021)
In line with UK Government guidance, TBH are now in a position to offer socially distanced training sessions.
It is important that you take a few simple steps prior to, during and after a training session to ensure that it is safe and enjoyable for all. As a runner, you are responsible for yours and your teammate’s safety.
- Sessions are only available to senior members of Tyne Bridge Harriers or those interested in trying a maximum of three session, we can’t accommodate anyone under 18.
- Try to select a local training session and travel either on foot, by bike or car. Try to avoid public transport if at all possible.
- Only attend a training session if you have booked on to it using the spreadsheet, don’t turn up on the off-chance you will be able to take part. If you can’t make a session then remove yourself from the spreadsheet.
- If you are feeling at all unwell then do not attend a training session.
- Consider if your health and situation put you, or someone you live with, in a more vulnerable category with respect to Covid. Decide whether it is appropriate for you to take part in group sessions. Advice is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
- Do not travel to the session with other runners unless you can maintain social distancing or they are a part of your family or support bubble.
- Wash your hands before and after the training session to reduce any cross contamination.
- It is not the group leader’s responsibility to enforce social distancing – it is everyone’s. If you feel others are not sticking to the rules, then ideally say something and do not leave the session without addressing it. Alternatively flag it to a member of the club committee.
- There will not be any toilet facilities at sessions so ensure you are comfortable before you leave the house.
- Consider your own safety. If you suffer an injury or have an accident, how will you get home?
- If you have not trained for some time, then take it easy to begin with. Injuries are much more common if you have had a period of less stressful training.
- Do not shake hands or make any physical contact before, during or after the session.
- Coronavirus is spread by liquid particles, DO NOT SPIT during the training session and if you need to cough, then do this in to your elbow.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 after a training session, then inform any member of the club committee immediately.
Track Specific Guidance – this is in addition to the points above.
- There is a currently a maximum limit of 20 people at a track training session (this is imposed by North Tyneside Council and will be reviewed dependent on progress).
- We don’t have exclusive access to the track and the council will allow a small number of people to independently book sessions. Please maintain social distancing from these individuals.
- Please don’t enter the track area until everyone from the previous session has fully exited and don’t enter before your start time.
- Please sanitise your hands before and after the session. There is hand sanitiser available at the track.
- Spectators/family/friends aren’t allowed to enter the track area.
- Training groups are limited to 12 runners per leader. Training groups must train with an empty lane between them.
- Training groups must maintain social distancing.
- Please bring the minimum kit you need to the session and place water bottles etc away from others.
I have read the above and would like to attend beginners group
there are two beginner sessions available this week.
One from the Cycle Hub (Quayside), 6pm on Wednesday, and another from Wallsend, near the Coast Rd/Station Rd roundabout, also at 6pm on Wednesday.
If you let me know which session is best for you, I’ll add your name to the list.
I would like to jone the group if I can when you can let me know it is on. In the fucher.
A weekly email will be sent to club members with details of when & where sessions will be taking place.
The first email will be sent this afternoon (Sunday, 14th June).
Ian if I’m needed to help with coaching I can be available on a Tuesday between 6.00 /6.30 to meet at baker baths for session at quay side Can be earlier if needed
To Davy Daniels the session went well tonight I an available next Tuesday 23rd June same time 6.00 same place to meet if I’m needed thank you for all your help
To Ian Pickett we’ve paid the harriers subscription today Margaret did the transfer by phone So you should by now have received the payment graham king
I have read u understood and agree with the guidelines Thank you
Read and understood, Anthony