Issue: week commencing Monday 6th May 2013
Schedule for week ahead
Tuesday 7th May 2013
TBH Summer Grand Prix: Race 2.
> Members to meet either at Pool 6:00 – 6:30 or at Armstrong Bridge (Jesmond Dene) 6:45.
> The event will start at 7:00.
> Members who are able to volunteer on the evening please get in touch at email address below.
Wed 8th May 2013
> Junior Section: 6:00 at Pool. Hill session in Jesmond Dene, with focus on foot-strike and bounding.
> Beginners Group: 6:30 at Pool
Thursday 9th May 2013
|1 Mile at Threshold Pace, 8 x 800m, 1 Mile at Threshold Pace. 1 minute recoveries between all runs. (Threshold Pace 6min/mile).|
|1 Mile at TP, 7 x 3 minutes, 1 Mile at TP. 1 minute recoveries between all runs. (TP = 6:30min/mile)|
|5 minutes at TP, 7 x 3 minutes, 5 minutes at TP. 1 minute recoveries between all runs. (TP = 7min/mile)|
|5 minutes at TP, 6 x 3 minutes, 5 minutes at TP. 1 minutes recoveries between all runs. (TP = 7:30min/mile (Gp 4.1), 8:00min/mile (Gp 4.2)
|3 Sets (5 x 1 minutes). 30 seconds recoveries and 2 minutes between sets.|
All sessions to include warm-up and cool-down runs
Any queries regarding Gr 1-4 sessions or Summer GP, please contact David Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Calendar at a glance
|Monday 6th May @19:30pm||Jesmond Dene Handicap Race 1||Jesmond Dene
|registration is at the People’s Theatre (Stephenson Road)”
|Tuesday 7th May @19:00pm||Our Grand Prix!||Jesmond Dene
|(distance: 2 miles)
See above for details
|Saturday 11th May @11:00am||Golden Mile (final race)||Churchill Playing Fields||Final race of our special mile training
Please email email@example.com if you need more information
|Sunday 12th May @10:00am
|Pier to Pier Run
|(distance: 7.5 miles)
Comes highly recommended!
|Saturday 18th May||Masters National Relay Championships||Birmingham||Please ask at club night more information on how to be involved|
|Sunday 19th May
|Children’s cancer run
|(distance: 5 miles)
Gets greggs at end!
|Wednesday 22nd May
(***part of the TBH club, see more information!***)
|Sunday 26th May
|Edinburgh Marathon and half||Edinburgh
|Lots of members taking part. Entry now closed|
|Wednesday 29th May @1915
|George Ogle Memorial Race
|(distance: 6 miles)
Can enter on day
|Sunday 2nd June
|Middleborough 5K Road Race
To look for more races you can visit: http://www.northeastraces.com/
Other dates to know about…
· Aqua Running at Byker Pool this week takes place on Friday (10th May) at 19.15 – 20.15pm (Monday not on due to bank holiday)
· Many TBH members planning on going to the Tyne Bar (Ouseburn) after the Blaydon Races (Sunday 9th June)!
Welcome to our new members!
Since our AGM the following people have joined so we’d like to give them a BIG TBH WELCOME!
Matt Brent, Philip Scott, Michael Nemeth, Louise Watson, Cristina Mayo, Richard McCarthy, Maria Grady, Andrew Dougal, Sarah McMahon, Michelle Bannan, Nicola McLaughlin and Conrad Scott.
· Leaders Training: The next Leaders training with TBSF takes place on the 26th June 2013. If you are interested in becoming a running leader then please speak to lead Coach Dave Anderson to find out more information
· Kit update: If you are a new member and require a vest and have not yet spoken to Lizzy, please email her : firstname.lastname@example.org . Also remember that if you want to buy any of our other kit items then please click here for more information
· TBH Cup: We have our new competition, the TBH cup which involves six local road races over the summer months, with member’s best 5 results to count. This event is open to all standard of running and welcomes participants from all of our training groups. Just like the club’s Harrier League grand prix series, the TBH Cup will have its own unique scoring system. The first race in the series is the NSP Cookson 10k (a fast, 2 lap course which has great PB potential), followed by Blaydon race 9/6/13, Tynedale 10k 3/7/13 (club championships), Sunderland 5k 17/713 Morpeth 10k 6/8/13 and Tynedale 10 mile 1/9/13.
The TBH Cup is free to enter but members must pay their own race fees for these races. If you have not put your name down for this yet then please email Paul Hilton: email@example.com.