Frequently Asked Questions
Please find a few FAQ’s which will hopefully help. We will update this post as and when needed so please check back regularly.
If you have a question not listed, please use the comments section below & we’ll include it in the next update.
[spoiler title=”When is this years race taking place?” style=”fancy”]Tuesday 7th July 2020 is the date for your diary[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”What time does it start?” style=”fancy”]
The race will be started at 19:15 (all age categories will start together)[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”What is the entry fee?” style=”fancy”]Club Runners: £16.00
Unattached Runners: £18.00
[spoiler title=”When do entries open?” style=”fancy”]
Entries for the 2020 race will open at 07:00 on Saturday 29th February 2020
[spoiler title=”Do I need my UKA registration number?” style=”fancy”]If you are an attached club runner, you will need to have your UKA race licence number to enter. This can be found on your race licence provided to you by UKA. If you don’t have access to this, please ask your club membership secretary who should be able to supply you with the information.
[spoiler title=”Where is the start line?” style=”fancy”]The race start is located on the Quayside footpath to the west of the Millennium Bridge, it is approximately half a mile from the race HQ at the Tyne Bar so please make sure you allow plenty time. view on map[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Will the race packs be sent out?” style=”fancy”]No. Race packs, including your race number, chip timing etc will need to be collected on the day of the race from Race HQ. These will be available from 17:30 on 7th July 2020. See next question.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Where is the Race HQ?” style=”fancy”]Race HQ is located at The Tyne Bar on Maling Street. This is where you will collect your Race Number, Chip Timing Tag & goody bag from 17:30. It is also where the presentations will be held after the race at around 20:30. view on map[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Where is the finish line?” style=”fancy”]The finish line is located close to the Tyne Bar at the end of Marinas Wharf on the quayside. view on map[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”How will results be timed & processed?” style=”fancy”]The race will be chip timed & results for prizes will be based on the gun time in all categories. For the team prizes, Masters/Vets can only count in Masters/Vets teams. Official results will be published soon after the final athlete crosses the finish line.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”What are the course details?” style=”fancy”]Bridges Of The Tyne 5 Mile Road Race is a flat & fast out and back course starting on the iconic Newcastle Quayside. The route follows the riverside path, passing underneath or alongside 7 of the Bridges of the Tyne. Heading West the course takes you to the Newcastle Business Park before turning and heading back East to finish at the mouth of the Ouseburn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Are MP3 players allowed?” style=”fancy”]NO! all use of MP3 players / headphones / earphones are not permitted during the running of the race. Athletes found using music listening devices on the course will be disqualified.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Are race number transfers allowed?” style=”fancy”]Yes. Race number transfers will be allowed. Please read the information on the Results Base Website[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”What’s the last date for transfers?” style=”fancy”]To be announced[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”I’ve entered the race but I’m now unable to take part. Can I get a refund?” style=”fancy”]Refunds will not be available in this instance.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Are there any changing / toilet facilities available?” style=”fancy”]No specifically designated changing facilities are available. Toilet facilities are available on the Quayside & The Tyne Bar, and adjacent to the finish area.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Are there parking facilities available?” style=”fancy”]Runners are advised to park in the Quayside Car Park, Pilgrim Street or St. Ann’s Car Park, Quayside. Please car share whenever possible. Caution: Wheel clamping is in operation on private land in the vicinity of the Quayside.
For more parking information, please visit here[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Will there be a reserve list?” style=”fancy”]To be announced[/spoiler]
[spoiler title=”Terms & Conditions – Event Rules & Guidelines” style=”fancy”]
1. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
2. All entry fees are non-refundable and Tyne Bridge Harriers retains the right to refuse entry to anyone.
3. To register for the 5 mile race you must be 16 years of age or older on event day.
4. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Tyne Bridge Harriers and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
5. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line.
6. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise any Tyne Bridge Harriers 5 mile event.
7. Race number transfers between runners can only be done via Results Base.
8. All entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event.
9. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
11. If paying via the website, an additional administration charge will be incurred.
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
2. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
3. Every participant shall be provided with a race number (which will need to be collected on the event day), which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The race number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
4. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information can be stored, used and disclosed by Tyne Bridge Harriers in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
5. Baggage can be stored at the race HQ at the Tyne Bar, all items are left at the owner’s risk. Race organisers accept no liability for lost items.
THE START AND COURSE MONITORING
1. All participants shall enter the timing pen from the rear (no less than 15 minutes prior to the race start) unless otherwise directed by an event official. Any person who climbs the fence/barrier or otherwise enters improperly shall be disqualified from the event.
2. Participants must begin the event during the official recognised start times.
3. All participants must be positioned behind the starting line when starting.
4. Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, may be disqualified from the event.
1. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
2. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
RESULT TIMING AND PRIZES
1. All participants are assigned a chip timing device.
2. Clock time (gun time) is the official time for all prizes. The official times shall be recorded from the start of the race by the starting gun to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
3. Prizes are split between men (senior to V65+), ladies (senior to V60+) and team prize (male and female, senior and veteran), with values ranging from £90 to £20.
4. Where a participant is awarded both categories for prizes, the participant is automatically given the one with the higher value.
5. Official times for participants will be the electronic timing device time (chip or net time) from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
AMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
2. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
3. Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.