Formed in January 2011, Tyne Bridge Harriers are a North East Running Club based at East End Pool in Byker. We are affiliated to the Governing body for athletics in the United Kingdom, UK Athletics and meet on Tuesday and Thursday nights for training sessions from 18:00, with an aim to start running by 18:30. The club also hosts a Beginners session on a Wednesday evening (East End Pool, 18:30 – 19:30) and a session for Under-16’s, which takes place at Newcastle High School for Girls (Jesmond) between 18:00 – 19:00 on Wednesday evenings.
The club has both male and female runners and welcome all abilities. New runners are always welcome. We currently have 5 different training groups; from fast paced runners to slower runners / beginners & those returning from injury. Whatever your ability, you will be welcomed and our experienced Coaches and Trainers will always look after you.
You can always come along to give it a try, in fact we recommend that you do this for several sessions before you make any decisions to join. Training sessions are free to try out so you have nothing to lose.
If you have any questions about joining Tyne Bridge Harriers or you would like further information, please contact us
Tyne Bridge Harriers 2018/19 Committee
- Chairwoman : Vicki Deritis
- Treasurer : John Hurse
- Secretary : David Appleby
- Membership Secretary : Kevin Cheetham
- Men’s Club Captain : Alasdair Blain
- Women’s Club Captain : Catherine Eaton
- Senior Coach : Dave Anderson
- Junior Co-ordinator : Morag Kerry
- Serving Members : Micky Baker, David Daniels, Sara James, Alex Lockwood, Adam Jones, Dave Moir & John Tollitt
For more information about this course, click here
- Team Manager : Paul Hilton
- Welfare Officers : John Tollitt & Morag Kerry
- Appeals Committee : To be appointed as required
- Mental Health Ambassadors : Margi Eccles & Danny Fletcher