Frequently Asked Questions
Please find a few FAQ’s which will hopefully help. We will update this post as and when needed so please check back regularly.
If you have a question not listed, please use the comments section below & we’ll include it in the next update.
Unattached Runners: £16.75
There will be a £1.00 additional fee for entries (if any) on the day
For more parking information, please visit here
1. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
2. All entry fees are non-refundable and Tyne Bridge Harriers retains the right to refuse entry to anyone.
3. To register for the 5 mile race you must be 16 years of age or older on event day.
4. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Tyne Bridge Hariers and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
5. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line.
6. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise any Tyne Bridge Harriers 5 mile event.
7. Race number transfers between runners can only be done via official channels. Participants should contact email@example.com
8. All entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event.
9. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
10. All postal entries must arrive before the event closing date. Proof of postage must be obtained for postal entries, no responsibility will be accepted for lost, damaged, illegible, delayed or mislaid entries.
11. If paying via the website, an additional administration charge will be incurred.
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
2. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
3. Every participant shall be provided with a race number (which will need to be collected on the event day), which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The race number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
4. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information can be stored, used and disclosed by Tyne Bridge Harriers in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
5. Baggage can be stored at the race HQ at the Tyne Bar, all items are left at the owner’s risk. Race organisers accept no liability for lost items.
THE START AND COURSE MONITORING
1. All participants shall enter the timing pen from the rear (no less than 15 minutes prior to the race start) unless otherwise directed by an event official. Any person who climbs the fence/barrier or otherwise enters improperly shall be disqualified from the event.
2. Participants must begin the event during the official recognised start times.
3. All participants must be positioned behind the starting line when starting.
4. Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, may be disqualified from the event.
1. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
2. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
RESULT TIMING AND PRIZES
1. All participants are assigned a chip timing device.
2. Clock time (gun time) is the official time for all prizes. The official times shall be recorded from the start of the race by the starting gun to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
3. Prizes are split between men (senior to V65+), ladies (senior to V60+) and team prize (male and female, senior and veteran), with values ranging from £80 to £20.
4. Where a participant is awarded both categories for prizes, the participant is automatically given the one with the higher value.
5. Official times for participants will be the electronic timing device time (chip or net time) from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
AMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
2. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
3. Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.